Moët Hennessy’s has launched a pink grapefruit maceration of its Belvedere vodka.
Belvedere Pink Grapefruit is distilled from whole pink grapefruits from Argentina and combined with fresh ginger and lemons, No sugars, glycerine or artificial additives are used in the production.
The launch of Belvedere Pink Grapefruit is coupled with a collaboration between Belvedere and designer Matthew Williamson, who has designed a limited edition summer kaftan. Inspired by the pink grapefruit flavour, Williamson has created the kaftan from a sheer pink fabric and it will go on sale in his boutiques in London on 26 May. [...more]
The organisers of Vinexpo Asia-Pacific, which claims to be the region’s largest international wine and spirits exhibition, is claiming a 40% increase in visitors to the show which closed yesterday (May 27).
Held at the the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC), approximately 12,000 people are said to have visited over the three days.
Occupying more than 8,500 square metres of the HKCEC, there were more than 880 exhibitors from 32 countries around the world, including China, Australia, US, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany, South Korea, New Zealand, Romania, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Chile and Greece. A number of countries were making their first appearance at exhibition that is in its fourth year. [...more]
England is ready to go into battle with Slovenia when the two countries’ football teams face each other on 23 June, but three Slovenian beers are hoping for a more welcome reception.
Three beers from the nation’s Lasko Brewery are heading over to UK shores — the beers will be imported into the UK by newly-formed business Lasko Beer UK. [...more]
AB InBev has put the historic ale brand Bass up for sale, according to press reports.
The brewing giant, whose international brands include Stella Artois and Budweiser, is reportedly looking to offload most of its portfolio of UK ales.
The group is thought to value Bass – once the country’s most popular beer – at between £10m and £15m. The Boddingtons and Flowers brands could also be up for grabs. [...more]
Coordinate activities of wholesalers within assigned area of responsibility, ensuring the implementation of all sales and marketing programs for the entire portfolio.
• Develop and manage annual business plan in cooperation with wholesale management.
• Motivate distributor management and sales force in order to achieve sales objectives.
• Focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines in retail accounts (bars/restaurants, liquor/grocery stores).
• Identify core accounts that are not being penetrated with DuvelUSA products and develop a plan to establish business with such accounts.
• Work with wholesalers to maintain adequate inventory levels and ensure inventory rotation.
• Collect data on distributor pricing, distribution, volume and general market information.
• Compile and submit reports required for the sales division.
• Operate effectively within corporate and budgetary guidelines.
• Conduct wait-staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and beer dinners
• Ensure proper merchandizing of on- and off-premise accounts
• Plan and execute on-premise promotions as required (note: evenings; weekend festivals)
• Be responsible for the allocation and use of all point-of-sale materials.
• Develop and maintain close relationships with key accounts both on and off-premise.
• Work with local distributors to increase brand awareness and consumption.
• Track and monitor progress in all identified accounts. [...more]
Will execute sampling nights in bars in your local market during the program
? Responsible for on-site management of event and promotional models
o Assist National Program Director in identifying local fashion events or retailers to partner with in each market
o Assist National Program Director in executing 2 large scale events in your market
o Assist National Program Director in executing 2 bar staff education dinners
o Executes advertising merchandising and PR events, when needed. [...more]
Owner of all National and Regional Promotional and Marketing Activity: The specific goal of this individual will be to improve ROI, efficiencies and effectiveness of all in-store activity:
2. Develop a deep interface with the Sales Network: The specific goal of this individual will be to gain a deep and thorough understanding of the major sources of volume and what it takes to grow our business with our top trade constituents in order to influence our Selling and Go-To-Market Strategy. [...more]
Ensure adherence to delivery standards, efficiencies and regulatory requirements
Supervise drivers' delivery schedule and hours worked
Establish and maintain positive customer relationships, resolving customer issues
Serve as liaison between distribution and sales
Occasionally Perform nightly routing of drivers
Assure vehicle maintenance standards, perform inspections
Coca-Cola Great Britain has become a top tier sponsor of RecycleBank, enhancing the variety of rewards offered to members of the scheme.
From June, 60,000 households in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead participating in the RecycleBank programme will be able to get money vouchers for Coca-Cola brands.
The company is already a partner in the US version of the scheme and now UK participants will be able to claim £1 off Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coke Zero products in a range of pack sizes. [...more]
British brewer Daniel Thwaites is celebrating Blackpool's promotion to the Premiership by producing a special beer to mark the occasion.
The Lancashire-based company, which supplied the bars at the club's home ground, has created Seasiders' Special in honour of the team's graduation to the top tier of English football via the playoffs.
Seasiders' Special is a 4.1 per cent ABV beer and goes on sale this week, available throughout pubs and clubs in and around Blackpool.
It will also be served at a special dinner attended by the players at a local restaurant. [...more]
Heineken UK’s determination to harness ‘the power of humour’ to build a major new marketing platform for Foster’s, its leading lager was underlined today (May 26) with the announcement that the brand is to become the title sponsor of the world-renowned Edinburgh Comedy Awards. The awards, which ran without a commercial sponsor for the first time in their history in 2009, will, in their 30th year, be known as the Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Awards. [...more]
For the position of Beer Sales Specialist we are looking for someone who is passionate about the beer industry and has the ability to deliver brand message to customers. Thanks to your strong communication skills, you will be an expert in building rapport and developing relationships. Previous experience in the brewing, hospitality or sales industries will be beneficial, but what we’re really looking for is the ability to excite people about beer. To top all that off, we’re also expecting strong team working skills. [...more]