Hire, train, and supervise vineyard staff and contract labor, including establishing vineyard procedures and training staff in the implementation of new procedures.
– Ensure development and management of training and safety programs to enhance job performance and knowledge; ensure training is provided in accordance with State and Federal safety regulations, emergency response, hazardous materials, and injury prevention.
– Work with Winemaker to organize harvest to achieve winemaking goals.
– Prepare and execute operations and capital budgets.
– Control and track financial performance of vineyard operations — ensure cost-effective and efficient performance of operations within wine-growing and quality goals.
– Must be very organized, detail-oriented and accurate, with good communication skills.