Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager the role of a Territory Customer Manager is key to the success of Carlsberg UK’s organised On-Trade and Take Home Sales business. You’ll take responsibility for your territory’s supply chain, from selling stock to increasing brand distribution in the independent retail trade to gaining extra displays in the Independent Retailers, Cash & Carry and Multiple Grocers. In the National On-Trade, you’ll increase distribution and throughput using your well-honed FMCG selling skills. You will also need the ability to plan and prioritise your own journey, create in store theatre and use tailor-made POS and promotional kits will also be key.
Its tough working at the sharp end of sales, therefore you will need to be results driven, focused on achieving your KPI’s and able to bring volume and value to the business.
With some customer-facing experience in the FMCG or retail sector, you’ll combine a strong commercial focus with excellent planning, relationship-building and communication skills. Computer literate with a flexible, customer-focused approach, you should also be a highly motivated creative thinker who lives within the territory and holds a clean driving licence.
In return we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which includes company car, discretionary bonus, pension, healthcare scheme, product allowance and other flexible benefits.
From day one you will receive the best industry training and support package, starting with a three week intensive in-house induction programme, followed by further in the field training and support.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Maximising profitable volume sales and achieving distribution targets by selling the company’s brand & product range into specific outlets.
• Driving Rate of Sale by ensuring effective brand merchandising is achieved by creating in store theatre in all outlets.
• Maintaining effective, profitable and long term relationships with customers to develop their business
• Maintain a cost effective journey plan, providing maximum customer contact
• Implement and review local activity in line with National Plan to increase distribution and volume.
• Assess market and industry information and respond to competitor activity