To conduct field sampling of vineyards as assigned in order to provide Director of Grower Relations and Production management staff with data on fruit maturities for the determination of harvest schedules.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Take representative samples of vineyard fruit and promptly transport samples to wine laboratory for processing.
• Conduct field sampling in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
• Monitor the pest/disease status of vineyards, and report the presence of any symptoms (i.e., leafhoppers, mites, mildew, botrytis, etc.).
• Responsible for understanding Quality Management System related activities, including the quality policy and ISO awareness.
• Conduct brix analysis on fruit samples in the field as required.
• Miscellaneous projects as assigned.