Almost 20 years after girls last adorned tins of Tennents' best-selling beer, its so-called Lager Lovelies are back, in a quirky homage to the original branding.
A new campaign by the Scottish brewing firm will see an unusual return to its use of attractive, scantily-clothed models on cans, by putting elegantly-attired chimpanzees in their place.
According to Herald Scotland, the new packaging imagines how company founder Hugh Tennent might have decorated the drink's cans in 1885, as an eccentric Victorian "with a penchant for pet simians". [...more]
MillerCoors, the US joint venture of SABMiller, one of the world’s leading brewers, has tapped into a new use for brewery waste water. The Ohio brewery of MillerCoors brewery teamed up with a company which produces animal feeds from renewable sources to run a full scale trial of an innovative technology which creates a fish […] [...more]
SAM ADAMS: PENNSYLVANIA, USA TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR CAREER The best people are the best ingredients for our world class company. Add yourself to the mix at Samuel Adams Pennsylvania Brewery Company (SAPB) in Breinigsville, PA. Our brewery has an immediate opportunity for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager. The EHS […] [...more]
Maximising profitable volume sales and achieving distribution targets by selling the company's brand & product range into specific outlets.
• Driving Rate of Sale by ensuring effective brand merchandising is achieved by creating in store theatre in all outlets.
• Maintaining effective, profitable and long term relationships with customers to develop their business
• Maintain a cost effective journey plan, providing maximum customer contact
• Implement and review local activity in line with National Plan to increase distribution and volume.
• Assess market and industry information and respond to competitor activity [...more]
Hundreds of UK election candidates have pledged their support for reforming the way beer is distributed to pubs.
The Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) said that "beer tie" arrangements are currently pushing up the price of beverages in bars in the UK, as some publicans are paying 50 per cent more for their beer than they would on the free market.
In total, 650 prospective parliamentary candidates have signed the pledge, which Camra said showed "unprecedented" support for its reforms.
Mike Benner, the organisation's chief executive, said: "The widespread level of support from every political party for community pubs, local brewers and consumers is a milestone in Camra's history." [...more]
Carlsberg UK is to supply all guest ales to Punch Tavern's managed
The Danish-based brewer will take over the supply deal from Waverley TBS. It already has an exclusive deal to distribute all drinks in the Punch tenanted and leased estate.
Carlsberg won the contract on the strength of its performance delivering guest cask beer into the leased estate.
The deal will add another 300 firkins of beer a week into the Carlsberg UK's distribution chain and will run until 2012. [...more]
* To maintain a high level of commercial awareness by reviewing competitor, customer consumer activity to ensure Carlsberg UK's competitive position is enhanced.
* Increase customer loyalty and sales through effective use of sales tools and prompt resolution of issues.
* As key customer contact, take ownership and be responsible through to the resolution of customer issues by being proactive and escalating where necessary.
* Has the energy and initiative to develop and manage strategic activity with existing accounts to deliver more with pace.
* Identify recurring service issues and take action to resolve.
* Accurately log/input and categorise required information on appropriate documents/systems to ensure effective and efficient administration.
* To attend regular team meetings to engage with colleagues to set joint objectives by which to achieve results.
* Ensure business at risk is communicated as appropriate.
* Build strong relationships with effective communication internally and externally.
* All negotiation of price is considered to ensure maximum profit and is communicated to the relevant channels
* To uphold and demonstrate Carlsberg's Winning Behaviours
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an AP& I Manager (Activity Planning & Implementation Manager), to join our Team based in Edinburgh/Staines, however this role can be field based with travel to either site .This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to move into the Marketing arena and work specifically on our Strongbow and Bulmer's Brands. Ideally, you should have experience from within a Sales or Marketing background, be able to demonstrate a true passion for working with key brands, show creative and imaginative flair and be able to demonstrate this in everything that you do. [...more]
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Reliability Engineer to join our existing team at our John Smith's, Brewery based at Tadcaster. Reporting directly to our site Engineering Manager, your role will be to develop effective preventative maintenance regimes to drive plant reliability. [...more]
We have an exciting opportunity for a Training Executive, the main purpose of this role will be to assist in the delivery of the company's Innside Knowledge training programme for new lessees which includes a five day residential programme and follow up visits in house. In addition there will be the opportunity to assist in new management development training initiatives to provide bespoke options to the wider S&NPC as required, and to react to such changes in legislation [...more]
As a National Account Controller you'll develop solid and progressive relationships with some of our biggest customers, including S&N UK. With strong commercial and industry knowledge, you'll be skilled in identifying trends in order to build and deliver exceptional customer plans. You'll already be proficient in category planning and account development to the highest level, and with our award winning range of categories and an employer who will invest in your future, you'll have everything you'll need to succeed. [...more]
New ad campaign will feature a host of British sporting superstars
Lager giant Carlsberg has revealed World Cup 66 legend Jack Charlton and a host of other sporting stars are set to appear in its latest TV advertising campaign.
Having spent three months asking fans to come up with inspiring team talks the brand will reveal what it describes as "probably the best team talk in the world."
Paul Davies, director of brands and insight at Carlsberg UK, said: "We have been building up to the launch of this ad for some months now. Fans have had their chance to give an inspiring team talk, now it's Carlsberg's chance to give "Probably the Best Team Talk in the world". [...more]