Heineken acquires additional brewery capacity in Nigeria Amsterdam, 12 January 2011 – Heineken N.V. today announced that it has strengthened its platform for growth in Nigeria via the acquisition of two holding companies from the Sona Group. The two acquired businesses have controlling interests in each of the Sona, IBBI, Benue, Life and Champion breweries […] [...more]
Coca-Cola has renewed its sponsorship of the Nigeria Football Federation.
The soft drinks giant has signed a N555 million (£2.3 million) deal which makes the brand the official drink of all of the national teams for the next five years.
This agreement will see Coca-Cola pay 200 per cent more per year than it did in its previous sponsorship package, which was just N48 million per annum.
AllAfrica.com reported that Nigeria Football Federation's president Alhaji Sani Lulu Abdullahi said: "We met little money from sponsors but today we have been able to attract more sponsors and the value of our football has also increased to over N1 billion and we expect more."
The Nigerian Bottling Group (NBG) produces and distributes a number of Coca-Cola brands in Nigeria, including Coca-Cola, Sprite and Fanta.
NBG began as a small family-owned company and now claims to be the main bottler of non-alcoholic beverages in Nigeria. [...more]
The new Retail Redistribution Scheme and other Route to Consumer (RtC) initiatives to follow represent a step change in the way our distributors operate. This role is to drive local training and capability building for all distributor and GN staff; ensure all conditions for success are managed; and to provide all other support to make these initiatives a success. [...more]
To execute all hands on Brewery warehouse activities to achieve set targets particularly in the areas of receipt, storage, documentation, reporting, reconciliation and accountability of empty bottles and crates as well as finished goods; in line with Diageo supply chain capability framework and risk management standards.
This job resides within Brewery Distribution section of Customer Services Department.
Brewing giant SABMiller has announced plans to build a US$125-million (R990-million) brewery and soft drink bottling plant in Luanda, Angola. The new projects will double SABMiller's investment in the Southern African country in the past 18 months. [...more]
To manage specific innovation & renovation projects through the Navigate
· Deliver required volume and value gains as per strategy plan and project’s objectives/KPI’s.
- Responsibility for managing on a day-to-day basis innovation and renovation projects in partnership with Innovation /brand teams and DA Africa region.
- Communicating process updates / and maintaining all NaviGate documentation through reports and performance scorecards
Search and spin for ideas from other markets and projects
The Portfolio Media Manager is tasked with optimising media performance across all brands and to assist in meeting key marketing and business objectives. Also, to contribute in mounting an effective challenge to competitor brand activities in the marketplace through cutting-edge media ideas and deployment.
· Reports to Marketing Manager Guinness
· Key relationships with brand teams
· Aligned with relevant procurement and financial functions
· Management of external media agencies and media owner relationships and transactions [...more]
To effectively lead and manage the Guinness Brand agenda for Guinness Nigeria
- To design and implement strategies for the Guinness Brand in order to achieve targeted profit, market share and volume objectives in Guinness Nigeria.
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities for the Guinness Brand based on consumer insights
- To effectively contribute to the development of the Pan Africa strategy and code for growth through the Regional Brand Team
Babatunde Savage, currently the Deputy Managing Director of Guinness Nigeria has been appointed Chairman.
The appointment is with effect from July 1, 2009. [...more]
To support the sales dept. in the achievement of the departmental and Guinness Nigeria PLC objectives through the effective management of designated sales territory including implementation of all sales activities/programmes in the wholesale sales territory [...more]