Specific experience managing the harvest and processing the grapes a requirement.
* Specific experience in entire process of making wine.
* Ability to follow instructions of consulting winemaker a requirement.
* Experience working with mobile bottler desired.
* Knowledge of government regulations and reporting desired.
Monthly reporting: expenses, invoices, sales, and tax reporting detail.
* Vendor management: address billing issues and payments with vendors and customers.
* Ecommerce and wine order management: process orders, update online database, communicate with customers, and ensure timely overall fulfillment support.
* Customer relations: speak to customers by phone or in person to answer questions, take orders, and resolve problems.
* Sales support: invoicing, taking orders from customers, wine inventory management, delivering wine.
* Assist CEO with schedule, expenses, meetings and wine tasting events, as needed.
* Marketing support: participating in and helping plan wine tasting events, as needed. [...more]
The Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) has urged the Obama Administration to mark Alcohol Awareness Month by passing new alcohol labelling requirements to include basic dietary information on the labels of all beverage alcohol products.
Public health and consumer groups - including the Consumer Federation of America, the American Medical Women's Association, and the National Consumers League - have been calling for the Federal Government's Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to require a standardised serving facts label on all beer, wine and distilled spirits products that lists the serving size, calories per serving, alcohol content per serving, and the definition of a "standard drink." [...more]
The role of the Robert Oatley State Sales Manager for NY is to grow distribution & case sales in the on trade and premium retail accounts by:
Developing and maintaining relationships with restaurants and retailers to drive sales.
Build consumer awareness by participating at consumer tastings, wine events and trade shows.
Have the ability to make cold calls for the development of new business.
Track and report monthly depletions by market.
• Visiting target assigned on and off premise accounts to educate customers about Antinori portfolio winery estates.
• Conducting consumer events, tastings, winemaker dinners to introduce and educate target consumers about Antinori winery estates.
• Presentations to and working with wholesale distributor sales staff to educate them and generate enthusiasm for selling the Antinori wine portfolio to their target accounts.
• Presentations to and occasionally working with Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Business Development Managers to educate them and assist them in their efforts in selling the Antinori portfolio to their assigned accounts.
• Providing on going feedback to Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Antinori marketing brand management team on the needs of customers, distributors and consumers relative to the Antinori portfolio and the overall market for Italian wines in their assigned geographic territory. [...more]
We are seeking a motivated intern to join our winemaking and production team for Crush 2010. Responsibilities will include grape sampling, lab analysis, fermentation monitoring, and cellar work. No experience is necessary but some college chemistry would be very helpful. A valid drivers license is required. The internship will start in the last half of August and will continue through November. The position may be extended into January 2011 depending on our needs and the interns availability and ability. [...more]
Our bartender/cashiers maintain a busy pace, ensuring servers have adequate quantities of open wine bottles, and properly chilled bubbles. They are responsible for controlling the quality of the wines that are poured. When visitors leave, the bartender/cashier ensures a prompt payment transaction, sincerely checking for satisfaction and assisting visitors with their purchases. [...more]
Stag's Leap Wine Cellars is looking for a dynamic Visitor Center Manager who will ensure the spirit of the winery is communicated with every visitor and oversees a welcoming tasting room where ambience and service compliment the essence of SLWC.
• Manage tasting room activities to ensure exceptional customer engagement, delivery of brand messaging and financial results
• Develops and ensures adherence to policies, procedures, training and manuals
• Ensure adherence to accounting, inventory management & shipping procedures
• Hire, train, supervise & mentor Tasting Room staff
• Generates weekly staff schedule to effectively manage business needs & labor expense
• Assigns daily assignments communicating team goals, work flow and to efficiently manage winery guests
• Maintains tasting room staff job results through day-to-day coaching and counseling; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
he Field Manager leads a dynamic sales team in Orange County, San Diego Counties, and Desert regions of Southern California. This position is responsible for developing sales representatives, brands, sales revenue and market share.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Manage and grow placements and sales within the region by working in the field four days a week
•Utilize comprehensive marketing strategies to achieve specific sales and distribution goals
•Manage multiple sales priorities in conjunction with pricing, inventory and programming
•Analyze sales activity and identify changing market conditions to maximize growth opportunities
•Lead and direct existing sales force and monitor territory performance with weekly reporting
* Create and execute brand development opportunities for each territory
* Develop and maintain relationships will all levels of the trade
* Execute supplier market visits and trade events [...more]
Foster's has appointed a former police officer to its board of directors.
Christine Nixon joined Foster's Group as a non-executive director at the beginning of April.
Foster's Chairman, David Crawford said: "On behalf of shareholders I am very pleased to welcome Christine to the Foster's Board.
"Christine's leadership, management experience and her strong community focus will be an asset at the Foster's Board table."
After a career in the NSW and Victorian Police force, Nixon became Victoria's first female chief commissioner, leading a team of 14,000 staff and managing a $1.7 billion budget for eight years before her retirement in February 2009. [...more]
his is a great opportunity for someone with strong cellar and lab experience to expand their winemaking and viticultural techniques as a key member of a collaborative, creative team.
* Organize and execute the daily cellar production as directed
* Maintain all cellar and production records
* Perform all lab functions related to winemaking
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of wine quality and cellar efficiency
* Coordinate sensory evaluation and record results
• Assist in the development of cellar procedures that are designed to facilitate efficient production of high quality wines
* Prepare wines for bottling and oversee bottling process
* Hire, train and supervise seasonal harvest help
• Fulfill all required inventory controls and tracking of cellar supplies and wine additions
* Track all production labor and allocate to appropriate cost centers. [...more]
Robert Sinskey Vineyards is seeking a candidate for a full time cellar position. This job will include all daily cellar routines and some bottling. Cleanliness and self management are a must, with an emphasis on quality not quantity. We are a small winery so a positive attitude and "team mentality" are very important. [...more]